This post is also available in: Spanish
As regards the policy on discounts to promote customer loyalty and encourage frequent use of the motorway, the following discounts are available:
– Discount for frequent use
– Discount for round trip
– Discount for persons over 65 and drivers with reduced mobility
– Discount for continuity with the Autopista del Sol motorway
These discounts are only available to drivers who use the electronic toll payment system.
Throughout the year, use of the motorway will be free of charge (no fee) for «Light» vehicles between 00:00 and 06:00, and for «Heavy vehicles 1» and «Heavy vehicles 2» between 22:00 and 08:00. Journeys that are free of charge (no fee) will not be included in the discount schemes. In the event that two or more discounts are possible, only the greater discount will be applied.
The classification of light vehicles, heavy vehicles1 and heavy vehicles2 is as follows:
– Motorcycles with or without sidecar
– Cars without a trailer, or with a trailer without twin wheels (dual-tyre)
– Large and small vans with two axles, four wheels
– Minibuses with two axles, four wheels
Heavy vehicles 1:
– Lorries with two axles
– Lorries with two axles and with single-axle trailer
– Lorries with three axles
– Cars, large and small vans and minibuses (all with two axles, four wheels), with single-axle trailer with twin wheels (dual-tyre)
– Coaches with two axles
– Coaches with two axles and with single-axle trailer
– Coaches with three axles
Heavy vehicles 2:
– Lorries with or without trailer, with a total of four axles or more
– Cars, large and small vans and minibuses (all with two axles, four wheels), with a trailer of two or more axles and at least one axle with twin wheels (dual-tyre)
– Coaches with or without trailer, with a total of four axles or more.
1. DISCOUNT FOR FREQUENT USE
As presented in the following table:
|Nº of journeys per month||Discount (%)|
|From 1 to 9||0|
|From 10 to 19||5|
|From 20 to 29||10|
|From 30 to 39||15|
|From 40 onwards||20|
This discount is applied over calendar months, and the number of journeys will be set at zero at the start of each month.
The vehicle and the associated On Board Equipment (OBE) must always be the same in order to compute the number of journeys throughout the month.
Journeys free of charge (no fee) are not computed.
2. DISCOUNT FOR ROUND TRIP
A discount of 5% on the base fee for return journeys made within 48 hours. The Toll System will apply the discount upon detecting that a toll fee has been paid remotely for an outbound journey in the same vehicle in the last 48 hours without the round trip discount being applied.
3. DISCOUNT FOR PERSONS OVER 65 AND DRIVERS WITH REDUCED MOBILITY
Those drivers over the age of 65 or with reduced mobility and who wish to receive a discount must prove their status (show their ID, Driving License or other documentation certifying their status) to a fee collector located in a manual-payment lane, who will validate their tag.
4. DISCOUNT FOR CONTINUITY WITH THE AUTOPISTA DEL SOL MOTORWAY
A discount of 5% on the base fee will be applied to those users in continuity with (continuing a journey on) other concessionary sections of the same primary road network. To this end, users in continuity are those who use a toll section of the primary road network closest to the motorway, i.e. the Málaga-Marbella section of the Autopista del Sol motorway (the toll station at Calahonda, Mijas) within a 12-hour period.
The discount is only applied to the toll fee corresponding to the use of the AP-46, being applied to outbound and inbound journeys.